Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm a new Mom!!!!!!

My girlfriend Tabatha reached out for help for an abandoned dog this morning and, me being the sucker that I am, I brought him home. He's an adult Saint Bernard, his previous owners moved and left him behind, after a few weeks it was obvious they weren't coming back. It gets better... not only was he half starved, full of ticks and fleas (infested) BUT he had been sprayed by a skunk too.
After 3 baths of tomato juice, lemon juice, deodorizing dog shampoo he finally is tolerable. I ran by my vets office and got him meds for the fleas and ticks and he has an appointment Monday for a complete work over.
Tabatha and her husband Tee feeding the poor guy this morning    
This was about an hour before he fell in love with me :o)
He's really laid back, really sweet (except he is a little food bowl aggressive, understandably so). He gets along great with my other 2 dogs, he and Abby act like they were raised together.
I started the naming process, I had settled on Ben, well Ben didn't work out, he hates "Ben" and likes to be called "Theo".  I went through a whole list several times offering all kinds of names, I repeated his maybe likes and then every time I said "Theo" we got a big wag. I even offered him names like "Thor", "The Hulk" and "Spider-man", he passed on them! obviously he has brain damage. So looks like it's probably gonna be Theo. He even passed on Billy Bob, Bubba, Brian, Boo Radley and Barry White.

2 comments:

Periwinkle Paisley said...

Aww, the poor thing. He's so skinny for a St. Bernard. What is wrong with people? I'm glad you rescued him. I like Theo too, the dog has taste ;)

deborah said...

omgosh. he's adorable and definitely a theo. you are so good to take him in and love him.
best
deborah

Post a Comment