Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sometimes I slip

Where does the time go? I haven't updated this since... wow it's been over a month. Ok so I'll cut straight to it. Things have been so busy, well.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;o)
Since I last posted I had my 40th birthday (January 13th).
I've been busy making pottery stuffs, I hate to say pots, because I don't make many of those. But I did turn out some super cute cupcake plates. Cupcake plates are totally consuming my time, I love everything about them. I altered one to look like a flower, OH I should take a picture, I'll add that to my to-do list.

I've also been making some birdy cups in a few sizes just to see what size I like. I bisque fired them this week, now I have to decide what color glaze to use. I'm thinking red and blue? Well see...


I sometimes fool around with ceramic molds and do some slip casting. I have a mold for a vintage 1965 piggy bank mold, that honestly I really hadn't thought much about using at all, until I got this thought in my head...
Salt pigs are pretty popular, if you aren't familiar with what a salt pig is, it's basically a vessel that you keep salt in near where you cook. I'm a shaker girl myself but I thought, how funny would it be to have a salt pig that really looked like a pig? (google salt pig and you'll see what I mean, they don't look like pigs at all). I poured the mold a few times and made a couple salt pigs and honestly I didn't think they would sell, I listed one and within 2 days it was sold, I love that. Not only that it sold fast which was great, but I love that someone else loved it, that made my day. Here's a picture of the cutie.

Well I better get back to glazing, I'm glazing my first round of cupcake plates now. I'm so excited to see them finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment