Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kiln opening & Veterans Day

It's veterans day. I saw a picture of my granddad online today that I've never seen before that either my aunt Tammy posted or my momma posted, not sure who did it first but I stole it :o)
 I unloaded my kiln late last night and thought I'd share a few pictures. I only had 1 mug that went bad, the glaze ran and stuck the whole mug to the shelf but it came off pretty easy so no biggie, I only wish I had taken a picture of it.
Berry bowl


The foot of the bowl and saucer

The dish that I love (from my previous post)

I found these shells and sharks tooth on Sanibel Island in Florida and made stamps from them.

Covered bowl
Today I spent a good part of the day on the phone, I'm thinking I need to get a hands free headset thing so that I can work and talk at the same time. I did manage to put in a few good hours making sponge holders and various other things.
Throwing sponge holders
  I have a few vintage flower molds that are just darling. I'm planning to add them to the sponge holders. I discovered a trick today, usually I use a measuring cup to pour the slip into the molds, which is just plain messy sometimes. I remembered being the hoarder that I am (not really but kinda-ish) I purchased some little squeezey containers at Big Lots about a year ago, I grabbed a funnel and waalaa.... mess free slip casting. The holes on these molds are just so little and my aim isn't what it use to be. Ok my aim was always bad... whatever. This little container did the trick and made no mess, I'm impressed with my git er doneness today.
Slip casting flowers

0 comments:

Post a Comment